Friday, January 10, 2020

A New Year, A New Opportunity

With a New Year, there are always resolutions: commitments to do something differently or something new. This is my resolution: It's time for state and local politics in Texas to be elevated in terms of analysis. That is not to say that there are not credible and conscientious analyses of Texas politics now. They can be found, but scholarship on Texas politics is not readily.

So, if you're an academic or political activist who loves to investigate and analyze politics, then join my quest to elevate state and local politics in Texas. For me, an academic is anyone who studies politics as a science, seeks answers to interesting political questions, and loves to write and exchange ideas. I count my students among that group. I have read enough thoughtful and well-organized student papers to know that to be true.

You can email me at shaag78749@gmail.com with your idea of what issue you wish to address and a little about your background and sources of information about politics. I hope that you will join me in this New Year's Resolution to promote the systematic analysis of Texas state and local politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment